No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/22/2016 11:18 am  #1

I.S.O.P. - In Search of Other Players

This is a guild made for players who wish to search for other players in game.
When you name a new planet, please add I.S.O.P. after the name to help others track where you have been. Since we don't yet know exactly what characters can be used while naming planets, the current suggestion will be as follows until we know if it works or not. If not, we will change it.
Put the name first, example: "Malovia - I.S.O.P." with the I.S.O.P. after with a dash before it. Ignore the quotes as well. That was for the example. It would look more like Malovia - I.S.O.P., if periods can't be used, we will go with just ISOP.

If you do find another player, please be kind. Never attack them unless they attack you first. We don't want an intergalactic war on our hands.  Plus, no one wants that first experience of meeting another player ruined by a SpaceDick! LOL!

After you name a planet, zoom out to the galaxy map and take a screenshot. Then post it here under the I.S.O.P. section. Please include the system you are playing on in the description of your post too, put PC or PS4 so people know what system it is from.

I look forward to finding others in game some day and I hope this little project helps make that happen.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

7/23/2016 12:04 am  #2

Re: I.S.O.P. - In Search of Other Players

My question/thought is will we try to set up some sort of main base/home in a solar system for meeting and lets say move that base/home closer to the center of the universe over time ???, that being said everybody who is playing the game will be saying come to my home solar system... so some sort of voting or high council will need to be set up to determine best location for area of meeting/main base.
any ideas/thoughts on this ?

7/23/2016 9:48 am  #3

Founding members can be a council. Myself, you and JonchaVilla. Maybe a couple others if they are interested. Also, just to be clear, the goal is to get to the center of the Galaxy, not Universe. Sean Murray has clarified that. So we are on the same page. LOL! I don't think it would even be possible to get to the center of the Universe. How would you even know where it is since our starmap only shows the current Galaxy we are in.

The home base would have to move as we progress farther in. We will have to try and determine how to do that after the game is released. We don't want everyone back tracking and going the wrong way if we can help it.
Hopefully we can get more people involved with this. I need to figure out how to get people to join these forums and post stuff.

7/24/2016 7:35 pm  #4

I think as the game gets closer to its release date or during the first week of gameplay, people will be looking for a group to join, as space mining/solo playing can be very lonely.  

7/24/2016 8:54 pm  #5

That's why I made this group, so we can start organizing things now. I started the early guidelines above we can work from.

7/25/2016 12:23 am  #6

The founding member ayeh, I'm flattered http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png
I'll try to be active with this forum and with the game. Because of my personal life on work takes a lot of my time I can't be as active as I would like to be, but I'll do my best.

I'm thinking of this base thing. Maybe we should start with the maps and try to compare them. If we find similiar paths or crossroads with ISOP-players we can try to think the best position for the base.

7/25/2016 2:31 pm  #7

This sounds like a great idea. Plus it'll make paths that show peoples progress through the game.

"I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."   -Mewtwo

7/26/2016 9:23 am  #8

How many council members do you think we should have? 6 maybe?
Well, I suggested you Jonchavilla because you were part of the conversation, so it only seemed right. Anyone else up for being a member?
What systems are you all playing on? I'm on PS4.

7/26/2016 1:56 pm  #9

I'm on pc, but as I don't currently have a computer or laptop of any kind I'm not sure when I'll be able to start playing

"I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."   -Mewtwo

7/26/2016 9:30 pm  #10

Hopeful we are able to meet up on a planet http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

Does anyone know if there are wormholes or some sort of star gates for faster travel in the game?

Board footera