No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/13/2015 4:40 pm  #1

The Leviathan is coming

Hello all.
I am Leviathan, or Levi for short. I have been computer gaming for fourty years or so, and even managed to get into the hall of fame for Civilization. I saw NMS on Late Night with Stephen Colbert, and I was intrigued. If the game runs on my PC and doesn't demand a monthly fee, I plan on purchasing it and potentially devoting a lot of time to it.

This is supposed to be about introducing myself, but I don't want to reveal too much personal information. I am from the USA, I am over 50 years old and I am a guy. I have played games dating back to Zork and Nethack. I love computer gaming and think this "procedurally generated" universe has tremendous potential for all sorts of applications. I want to get in on the ground floor and possibly get involved in, or host a group of players that attempt to work together to achieve "who knows what".

You only believe that you think you exist.

10/13/2015 7:59 pm  #2

Re: The Leviathan is coming

Welcome Levi.  You've come to the right place.

10/13/2015 8:37 pm  #3

Thanks man. Glad to be here. I want to help lead the way into whatever the future of this kind of game may be.

10/14/2015 3:11 pm  #4

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you are in the right spot. We are putting together a team to try and find each other in game. The only problem we might face though, is we don't know if both the PS4 and PC will share the same universe. If it does, that will work perfect. I know several of us are going to be playing on the PS4, but if we don't share the univers, then we can have 2 divisons seeking out other players. One on PS4 and one on the PC.

I'm an older gamer like you. I just turned 44 this past Saturday. I look forward to talking and getting to know you more.

Welcome to the group!

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

10/14/2015 3:21 pm  #5

Thanks for your warm welcome. I have been dying just for an opportunity to share my interest in this game with anyone. I don't think the average gamer can quite understand what they are claiming they have done here. One of the biggest limitations of many games is the limited size of the arena/battlefield/universe. The future application of this kind of game are outrageous.

10/14/2015 3:25 pm  #6

I know. This game has my mind blown! When I first saw it on the VGX awards in 2013, it made me feel like a kid again. About 3 months later, I created nmsfansite.com and these forums for other fans. Just seem to be having trouble getting people to find us though. How did you find us?

10/14/2015 3:35 pm  #7

Petreak wrote:

How did you find us?

I think I did a Google search for something like "no man's sky community". I am not completely sure I remember. I was doing a wide search for information and Googled a lot of things. I know I wanted to chat with others about the game.

10/14/2015 3:36 pm  #8

Sweet! I know we are the first site to come up on Google if you put in "no man's sky fan site".

Board footera