No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/23/2015 5:59 am  #1

How far can you go with the factions

Ok since th game is not so much of a multiplayer and its more of a single player that is beyond big i wanted to ask about how far can somebody go with the factions.

Personally i am not that interested in trading i want to fight i want to go to war i want to destroy i want to choose my faction and fight with them and actually make an impact on them so my questions are these below.

Can you get ranks as you help the factions?

Can you lead them to war against another faction?(E.G show them a location that has good resources and point it out its good to capture or that it has enemy activity in that location and its a good place to capture,thus leading them to a fight)

Can you make them take over a planet?and then colonize it?

Will i be able to see their territory?

Can you see them build on planets?

Can at least we? make an outpost if we dont want to move around a lot?

Can we have an impact on a planet? more than just gathering resources or killing stuff?

Can we reach the core of a planet and then destroy it? or cause mass changes on it?

11/23/2015 1:27 pm  #2

Re: How far can you go with the factions

Those are all good questions. I wish I had the answers for them. Sean and Hello Games have been pretty quiet as to what you can and can't do in the game. I think you can align yourself with a particular faction, but I don't know if you can join it.

I don't think we will see any civilizations on a planet, so I don't know if they can be colonized at all.

I hope we can build on planets and make an outpost. That would be cool!

Not sure how much we can affect a planet or even destroy it. That would be cool if we could get a super weapon like a Death Star or something though. 

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

11/24/2015 10:15 pm  #3

Definitely a lot of good questions.  I think we will find out a lot of this AFTER the game releases.  Sean and Hello Games have been big about not giving up too much info.  They want people to explore and find things and figure them out as they go.  I can't wait!  Oh, and welcome to the forums!

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." - Socrates

5/20/2016 1:56 pm  #4

No on reaching the core of a planet. I think Sean has said that we have a 128m limit on how far down into a planet we can go.
I don't think we will be able to build anything, not at first anyway, but they might add that ability in the future. Sean Murray has said they will add in new features to the game if it is successful enough, which I think it will be.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

5/21/2016 1:55 pm  #5

I just love the way there's so much unknown about this game. It really is giving the user the task to explore it and gets us all talking and wondering what we will find. Sorry Furyphoenix, this isn't really answering any of your questions is it http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/smile.png

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Phoenix_Z80.png
“Being human totally sucks most of the time. Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable.” 
― Ernest Cline, Ready Player One

7/21/2016 10:10 pm  #6

Very interesting, if there are not player fractions within the game, we could create an online guild/alliance eg 1 pirate guild, trade guild etc or divisions under 1 guild ?  

http://nomansfansite.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=215

Board footera