No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/19/2016 8:43 pm  #1

NMS Minimum System Requirements

Here are the minimum requirements to run No Man's Sky on PC.
Processor: Intel Core i3.
Memory: 8 GB RAM.
Graphics: nVidia GTX 480.
Storage: 10 GB available space.

I'll make this a sticky in case people look for it. It's also on the main site under the FAQ section.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

5/06/2016 5:59 am  #2

Re: NMS Minimum System Requirements

I'm thinking I may be going PS4 route... BUT the main reason I wanted to go PC was for Screenshots... please, I'm a PS4 noob but is there that function available on PS4 to screencap?...and if so, how would I transfer that "image" to my desktop?

5/06/2016 1:25 pm  #3

The PS4 has a share button that let's you save 15 minutes of video, or a screenshot when you press the button. Then you connect a USB flash-drive to your PS4 and transfer the video or screenshots to it. Put that USB drive in your computer then copy them off. It's pretty easy to do. When you get a PS4, add me as a friend. I am Petreak on there as well. We can voice chat and I'll walk you through anything you need to know.

5/30/2016 9:22 am  #4

I have all those specs but only 4gb (not 8gb) of DDR3 at the moment as my other RAM just failed only the other week!! Will I still be OK running this game d'ya think?

Processor: Intel Core i3-3220 @3.30GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM.
Graphics: nVidia GTX 650ti.
Storage: 10 GB + available space.

Last edited by Bobsy (5/30/2016 12:01 pm)

' whatever a man sows, that shall he also reap'

5/30/2016 3:09 pm  #5

You might not be able to run it since 8 gig is the minimum requirement. All you can do is try though.

5/30/2016 4:42 pm  #6

I'll certainly give it a go with the 4 GB initially, but no matter if I need to purchase more RAM
Perhaps my GTX 650ti AGP with its slightly higher specs than the GTX 480 will compensate a little for the shortcomings on the Memory Size?, time will tell (mid August I believe now http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png
 fingers crossed)

Last edited by Bobsy (5/30/2016 4:46 pm)

5/30/2016 9:38 pm  #7

Bobsy, RAM/memory is pretty inexpensive and easy to install.  If you need help, message me and I can help you select, purchase, and install it.  I kind of do it for a living so I'm happy to lend a hand my fellow NMS fan!

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." - Socrates

5/31/2016 6:40 am  #8

thanx for the offer BluMoon31, that's mighty kind of you, however between me and my son we're pretty familiar with the procedure (Gaming and PC Builds are my son's speciality also); He very much surpassed his mentor (me) some years back lol  http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/depressed.png

5/31/2016 1:52 pm  #9

Replacing or upgrading memory is easy now a days. I upgraded the memory in my laptop last year from 4 gig to 8. It was pretty easy. The hard part was finding the exact memory to buy for my laptop. LOL! My video card isn't good enough to run any new games, so that's why I'll be playing NMS on my PS4 at first. I might get a PC copy later to run on my Brothers Desktop. It runs everything fine since it's a new system.

5/31/2016 2:05 pm  #10

this may be of interest to you?  food for thought anyway.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP_8EYQ-2RA

Board footera