No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/18/2014 6:14 pm  #1

Hey guys, I'm SWJS (Phonetically pronounced 'swuzh')

Stoked to be here, but even more stoked for No Man's Sky! I needed a place to chat about this epic title. :D

No Man's Sky could save the gaming industry from the grey, depressing, overly-melodramatic set pieces of AAA-games.

6/18/2014 8:04 pm  #2

Re: Hey guys, I'm SWJS (Phonetically pronounced 'swuzh')

Welcome! I know how you feel. When I saw the first video for the game, it blew me away. I loved it so much, I created this site to chat with others about it. The hardest part is getting people to sign up. A lot of readers, but no one wanting to chat. Hopefully more will join us now that E3 is over.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

6/18/2014 8:10 pm  #3

I too know the feeling, I did the same for the Destroy All Humans! series. But the announce teaser blew me away too. This is the game I've been dreaming of for a decade man, and now it's at our fingertips!

No Man's Sky could save the gaming industry from the grey, depressing, overly-melodramatic set pieces of AAA-games.

6/18/2014 8:27 pm  #4

You and me both. My first space exploration game was Star Flight! I followed Spore before it came out and helped run a fan site for it. I even got to go to the Maxis HQ in San Francisco before the games release and play it. Too bad they dumbed it down after doing focus groups. I REALLY hope Sean and company don't do that. I want the game like it is!

6/18/2014 8:32 pm  #5

Agreed, though I doubt Sean will approve any changes like that. He's very adament in what he wan'ts No Man's Sky to be. This game is pretty much 'his baby.'

6/18/2014 8:49 pm  #6

Yeah, it's always the larger companies that do the stupid focus group thing. I doubt they will do that. As you said, this is his Baby, so he wants to do it right. I wish I could just sit down and talk to Sean and pick his brain. LOL!

You mind if I ask how you found the site? I'm just curios. I try to post it places and share it on Twitter and Facebook to get the word out. If you wouldn't mind sharing the link as well, I would appreciate it.
http://www.nmsfansite.com

6/18/2014 8:56 pm  #7

Me too! I imagine he could get very exhuberant in a one-on-one discussion, hahah!

I came across it through Twitter while searching for No Man's Sky stuff. I'd be happy to post the link around, already retweeted you!

6/18/2014 9:03 pm  #8

Thanks! Getting the word out on a site and getting people to sign up and chat is always the hard part.

6/18/2014 9:07 pm  #9

Anytime! Always happy to help new sites and youtubers gain momentum.

6/23/2014 5:34 pm  #10

Awesome job spreading the word.

Board footera