No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/18/2014 7:27 pm  #1

A couple ideas for ships.

We've been given a few details about ships, but there are still a few cool things I'd like to see. They're probably already in the game, and if Sean were to read this he'd probably laugh me into next week, but still, speculation is fun.

One cool thing is if during a battle, rather than just blowing up after taking too much damage, our ship could be disabled by having key systems damaged. Then, if close to a planet, we have to make a crash landing, with the crash being something permanent discoverable by other players.

It would also be cool if we could buy large ships and have free roam of them, kinda like the Normandy from Mass Effect. In addition, it would be nice if we could upgrade our wingmen to have bigger ships too, allowing us to form a small fleet of ships!

If attacking a space station. if we're able to damage it enough, it would be cool if it could lose altitude and fall through the atmosphere of the nearest planet, slamming into the surface and destroying a large area.

What are some ideas for ships you guys have?

No Man's Sky could save the gaming industry from the grey, depressing, overly-melodramatic set pieces of AAA-games.

6/18/2014 8:35 pm  #2

Re: A couple ideas for ships.

It woul be cool if we could have large Capitol Class ships. I wonder if you can dock with those space stations and roam around. Sean hasn't said anything about seeing or interacting with alien races either. I assume you can trade, from things he has said, but they haven't gone into what extent you can do that.
I wonder if we buy or build our own ships. If we can customize the looks of our ships, that will be cool! The ship in the first released video reminds me of an X-wing fighter. It would be cool if we could make it look more like it.
I wonder if there are any robots or droids in the game?

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

6/18/2014 8:51 pm  #3

Petreak wrote:

It woul be cool if we could have large Capitol Class ships. I wonder if you can dock with those space stations and roam around. Sean hasn't said anything about seeing or interacting with alien races either. I assume you can trade, from things he has said, but they haven't gone into what extent you can do that.
I wonder if we buy or build our own ships. If we can customize the looks of our ships, that will be cool! The ship in the first released video reminds me of an X-wing fighter. It would be cool if we could make it look more like it.
I wonder if there are any robots or droids in the game?

If there are larger ships like Capitol ships, I wonder how the transitio from space to planet and vice versa would work, and if we'd remain in first person or zoom out to third person. First person view from the captain's chair on the bridge would be amazing!

The way Sean talks about it, it doesn't sound like we'll be able to roam the space stations, I expect the most we'll get when docked will be a shop/customization menu.

It sounds like we'll buy them, though we'll be able to customize them through the upgrades we can do thanks to the resources we scan and find on planets.

Well, we do see those flying camera drones in all the trailers, so there may well be synthetic lifeforms like droids!

No Man's Sky could save the gaming industry from the grey, depressing, overly-melodramatic set pieces of AAA-games.

6/18/2014 9:00 pm  #4

I was wondering about those drones myself. I wonder if the drones are controlled by an alien race or something or if they work on their own? If we could send out drones our self to map a planet, that would be awesome!
I kind of hope there is some sort of communication with other races, even if they speak gibberish you can't understand. Procedurally created languages would be cool.
A view from a captains seat would be really cool! I always wanted a Star Trek type game where you could explore space and find new planets and such. I guess I'll have to pretend to be in a Federation while exploring NMS.

6/18/2014 9:20 pm  #5

I think the drones are like, probes. I believe I heard Sean say that in order to see that their system was effective they sent out cameras to find planets for the trailers. So that may be possible!

Since everything, even down to the music and animal sounds, will be procedural I don't doubt procedurally generated alien speech is out of the question.

Indeed! Pretending's easy too, especially since No Man's Sky leaves quite a lot to the imagination. My character's story, for example, will be that he's an adventurous scientist that joined the maiden voyage of a research vessel only to have it destroyed by pirates and become stranded in a solar system with just the escape pod.

6/18/2014 9:26 pm  #6

Sweet! You just gave me an idea for a new area on the site. A place for people to post their character back story.

6/18/2014 9:34 pm  #7

That's a great idea, I'll post my own in there to start it off!

4/22/2015 6:01 pm  #8

It would be cool if you can customize the HUD of your ship in the cockpit  like it's red so I can change it to green or something

Never give up you Never go down

4/22/2015 10:17 pm  #9

Kronin14 wrote:

It would be cool if you can customize the HUD of your ship in the cockpit like it's red so I can change it to green or something

I never thought about that, but I like the idea. It would be cool to be able to change the colors of our ships.

Board footera