No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/27/2016 12:32 am  #11

Re: I.S.O.P. - In Search of Other Players

After the release we must also make some plans how to start searching when you encounter ISOP-named planet.

Did Sean mention that after you leave the planet it will be regenerated? So if you land on a ISOP planet and see some minings or other activity it should be a hint that currently there is another player on the planet? If you do not encounter any clear evidence of terraforming etc. acitivty, the player had probably moved on and so should you.Wich way to go then? To the center?

And did the galaxy map create some sort of waypoints to the center of the galaxy?

7/27/2016 2:03 am  #12

Maybe we could of use the numbering system  eg RickSneaky ISOP.1 and RickySneaky ISOP.2 per person and so on. (clearly your name would be at the start to define who's planet it is.)

There could also be a forum page with the characters name with what number they are at or how long they are there before they move.  eg

Peter  ISOP 4
Lisa ISOP 11
Mark  ISOP 7 - at the moment but moving between planets in the area, eg resource hunting, missions, trade and pirating. 
Sam ISOP 8 - moving on to 9 soon

Main Base ISOP HQ  

All are examples, but ideas on this might work. ?

7/27/2016 12:49 pm  #13

They have shown some sort of stargate like devices in the past you can walk through. Not sure if there are any you can take a ship through though. It would be cool if you could.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

7/27/2016 1:18 pm  #14

Sean has said that any small changes you make to a planet like mining would only save to your game, no one else would see it. He said only major changes would be saved for everyone like blowing up a space station.

The galaxy map does show the direct path to the center of the Galaxy. I'm not sure exactly if I will follow it or not yet. Will decide that when I start playing.

Those are good ideas RickSneaky, but we can figure all of that out after the game is released as we don't yet know how it all works.

8/02/2016 8:19 pm  #15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYSZwtRH22Q   this guy seems to have done his research on the matter of Multi player. 

8/09/2016 6:23 pm  #16

Petreak, great idea, but putting the letters in front of the name would make room for a future cataloguing system, if ever the developers set up a search function. It's a long shot but could be useful.
My first mayor goal is to find the outer edge. Everybody wants to find the center, but what's outside of the universe?

(ex-)Janitor Monjacu Clarke.

8/09/2016 7:24 pm  #17

Just got my copy hopefully be on twitch in couple hours, noob'ing the crap out of it

Last edited by RickSneaky (8/09/2016 7:24 pm)

8/11/2016 10:35 am  #18

Well, 2 people already found each other on the release day. LOL! Sean Murray posted about it and was very surprised it happened so soon. What did they see when they were both in the same spot? Absolutely nothing! They proved they were both in the same spot at the same time by streaming on Twitch and they couldn't see each other. Not sure what to make of that, as Sean made it clear that you would find out what you looked like by finding another player. So, either he lied, they didn't add that in yet, or maybe they were both in their own instances of the Galaxy. I hope it's that last one. Maybe it was a bug or something that they didn't sync up like they were supposed to. If you all still want to add I.S.O.P., we can. I would still like to find another player.
Maybe we should just add the I.S.O.P. to the Star Name though, instead of the planets. For one, I forgot to add it to planets. LOL! I did name a Star System with it though.

8/11/2016 10:22 pm  #19

maybe thats why they kept on pushing it back.... unfinished lol, patch to come ? lol

8/11/2016 10:26 pm  #20

I have been putting locations as I.S.O.P Rump_Rick apparently my name is to rude without the underscore 

Board footera