No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/11/2016 9:39 am  #1

multi tool scanner problem

hello everyone ive been sooo excited for this game and im totally stumped?
when i use the scanner to scan animals no names come up ever?
like in the pre release footage when the various creatures were scanned a name came up right?
am i doing something wrong?i cannot  find any reference to this on the web
it indicated the various elements around me with their icons and the weoponry -laser etc work ok  but i get nothing when scanning animals?
its doing my head in and really putting me off playing it
can anyone please put me right?
sorry for the long winge
peace jed

8/11/2016 10:26 am  #2

Re: multi tool scanner problem

It does pop up when you do an analysis scan. Are you scanning by pressing down on the left stick? That isn't what you scan creature's and stuff with. Use the left trigger for scanning animals and thigs with.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

8/11/2016 11:45 pm  #3

thanks for the swift reply
i feel a right donut-sorted now cheers
but now after that ive realised im one of the that used the preorder bonus
and jetted off into the wastes fallout 3 stylee-without getting anti matter or the hyperdrive plans
im about 7 planett systems out without a clue how to make my way back to my original planet-and i cant make head nor tail of the space map
might restart from the beginning-----FML

8/12/2016 10:49 am  #4

You should have a path back to where you came from. Also, look for a star with little flashing brackets around it. That should be your starting system I believe.
I did the same as you with the pre-order ship. I did find plans on how to make a hyper-drive though. I have been buying anti-matter from traders at a space station and making warp power that way. Just do a lot of trading with resources and you can make a bunch of credits. I found planets with tons of gold and sell it.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

Board footera