No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/09/2015 1:42 pm  #1

Who...me?

I plan to make my character an explorer/archaeologist/photographer. I also hope to do at least a little trading on the side. Therefore my ships will focus on stealth (cloaking), warpdrive, and a little bit of space for trading. My focus will be on avoiding space battles at all cost, because I'm really not into that whole aspect of the game, really, and I don't like the idea of losing a ship that I have to just luck out with, and maybe find again...but probably won't. I just want to planet hop, discover things, and make money selling pictures. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

Sorry I didn't really get into the whole presentation aspect of this...

"I imagine that imagination is more important than knowledge, but I don't know."

7/09/2015 8:25 pm  #2

Re: Who...me?

That's cool! I'm pretty much going to do the same as you. I want to explore and document my findings to share with everyone. That's one of the reasons I created No Man's Sky Fansite. The fact I'll be finding stuff that no one else will ever encounter is so awesome to me! I just have to share it with everyone else.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

8/11/2015 8:46 am  #3

I'm right with you two. I love exploring in any games that give me the opportunity. So NMS is like a dream come true for me. I want to explore and see things no one else has seen. I want to be the first to discover planets and share my knowledge (after getting resources for myself naturally). I want to get lost simply walking around a planet and taking in all the sights. I can't wait!

"it's like living with a six year old." - Lucky Day

8/11/2015 10:19 pm  #4

I think it would be cool to get lost on a planet. It might actually be a bit scary at first, not being able to find your ship. I just wonder if you quit the game, if it saves you at the last spot you were at or starts you back at your ship? It might be interesting if it started you where you were last at. I might save my game footage on a regular bases, so I can go watch it back to retrace my steps to find my ship again, if I get lost. I guess you could always kill yourself and re-spawn back at your ship, but that seems too easy. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

8/12/2015 6:32 pm  #5

Hey petreak, Don't worry about getting lost, at least not about losing that precious ship of yours.
One of the latest videos on IGN about NMS showed Sean Murray scanning his surroundings and a tall flash of light pointed his ship's location. You will always find your ship back and jetpack on over there.
Personally I hope to create a collection of ships on a homeplanet somewhere. At least I hope your ships stay parked where you left them. So many questions, so many possibilities already... this is going to be an epic ride.

(ex-)Janitor Monjacu Clarke.

8/12/2015 7:22 pm  #6

I think you can lose your ship. Sean said you can scan and your ship will show up on the hud at the top of the screen. He also said that your scan is limited by distance too. So if you get too far away from your ship, it may not show up on your radar screen.

8/12/2015 8:06 pm  #7

I'm pretty sure I've heard Sean say that you can only have your one ship. So no getting a fleet of ships or having a sweet spaceship garage filled with your treasures.

"it's like living with a six year old." - Lucky Day

8/13/2015 10:08 am  #8

Yeah, you can only have one at a time. I just wonder if you crash a ship and die, does the wreckage of the ship stay behind? Can you find that wreckage later and salvage stuff from it? It would be cool if you could do that.

10/13/2015 5:28 pm  #9

Petreak wrote:

Yeah, you can only have one at a time. I just wonder if you crash a ship and die, does the wreckage of the ship stay behind? Can you find that wreckage later and salvage stuff from it? It would be cool if you could do that.

My understanding is that any changes you make to a planet are lost after you leave that planet.

You only believe that you think you exist.

10/14/2015 3:17 pm  #10

Well, Sean has said if you make significant changes to a planet, it is recorded for everyone. We just don't know what that entails. What would it take to make a major change stick?

Board footera