No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/13/2015 9:41 am  #1

Equinox Black - Defender/Explorer

Generally when I play games where I get to decide what "type" of character I play, my first inclination is towards high armor/high health, tanking archetypes...

I would love to team up with some other players in an "armada" with a couple of dog fighters, a cargo ship, a science ship, and I would be the "capitol ship" the one with the high armor and huge lasers that goes toe to toe with the other big ships and sticks close to the cargo hauler putting myself in the line of fire.

My 2nd inclination is to go rogue... fast... stealthy... and high damage... a bit of a glass cannon... but If I see you before you see me... then you'll never see me...

Either way... I just want to see new things that no one has ever seen before...

8/13/2015 10:12 am  #2

Re: Equinox Black - Defender/Explorer

We need to form a guild and try to work out a way of finding each other so we can try and work together if we can. They did say the game isn't really a multiplayer game, but it would have multiplayer aspects to it. We need to test the limits to see what we can do.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

8/13/2015 11:01 am  #3

I agree 100%.

In a recent interview in the Guardian... there is a quote:

“We don’t know whether people will congregate or disperse,” said Murray. “I know that people don’t like to be told that we don’t know what will happen in our game, but that’s what is exciting to us.” Indeed, it’s entirely possible that a player will roam for years and never meet another soul. Others may never leave their home planet, instead choosing to chart its terrain, month by month. While it will be possible for players to mine, trade or fight with others, No Man’s Sky  will also accommodate the lone, nomadic wolf."

It sounds like you will be able to see and interact with other individual players and real time and the changes made to a particular planet may be persistent... (Like if i start mining... leave and come back... my mine will still be there... and others will potentialy see the changes that I made to the world)...

Who knows though.  It may work that way... it may not... Personally I hope it does work that way... space is pretty lonely as it is... playing with friends makes everything better.

Last edited by Equinox Black (8/13/2015 11:01 am)

8/13/2015 11:08 am  #4

I agree with you guys if that were at all possible. The game supposedly starts everyone on a different planet of the very edge of the galaxy. So finding each other may be....difficult to say the least. But if it IS possible, that would be pretty badass to meet up with the people of this forum

"it's like living with a six year old." - Lucky Day

8/13/2015 11:02 pm  #5

We will probably have to wait until the game comes out to see how charting stars and such work, but I'm hoping we can find where we are in the galaxy. If there are star names or coordinates for stars maybe we can work our way to a certain location and meet up! I'll probably create a place in the forums for people to post star maps and such to help with finding each other. Also, we don't know if the PS4 and PC will be in the same universe or not, so that might cause a problem too. I have a PS4, so I'll probably get that version, unless more people I know go PC, then I might go that way. I'll just have to wait and see.

8/14/2015 7:25 am  #6

I know I'll be playing on the PS4 as well! I'm definitely not expecting cross platform continuity, but that would be sweet if there was. Like everything else with NMS...we'll just have to wait and find out.

"it's like living with a six year old." - Lucky Day

8/14/2015 7:42 am  #7

I'll be playing PC.

Shadowrun, FFX, FFXIV and Rocket League allows cross-platform multiplayer... And my understanding is that Street Fighter V will allow it at launch as well...

I would hope that they would work it out for NSM as well... It would make more sense to have 1 "galaxy", and 1 Atlas... 

But of course this is all just speculation...

Last edited by Equinox Black (8/14/2015 7:43 am)

8/14/2015 10:48 am  #8

Yeah, I'm really hoping they do the cross platform thing so we can all try to find each other. Man, I want to play so bad!

8/14/2015 12:42 pm  #9

I can't stop thinking about how awesome it is going to be.... I hope it is as awesome as I think it will be or I'm going to have myself all worked up for nothing....

8/14/2015 9:35 pm  #10

If it can play on Windows 10, and Windows 10 will be on Xbox One, I see an avenue for a port in the future...

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." - Socrates

Board footera