No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/18/2014 9:59 pm  #1

SS Darwin Entry 343 - Prof. James Andrew Smith

That old saying of 'be careful what you wish for' has just come to mind. A chance to explore the stars, to catalogue new forms of life? How could I resist?

When the mission for the Darwin was announced, I jumped at the chance. Life aboard a research vessel was a fantastic opportunity for me, though entry protocols for the project were more strict than a background check at the DMV. My doctorate had to be certified by seven different people, but I finally got cleared.

My quarters were simple and quaint, god how I miss them... My first colleague was one Dr. Loraine Portier. Quite a quick-winded lass, though she was so enthusiastic, just as much as I was. It was refreshing to see the glint in her emerald eyes, fueled by a passion that fit her crimson hair. We bonded quickly.

Most of the trip we shared speculations and hypothesis, but when we entered out first unchated system, of all things a convoy of pirates attacked! I can't believe it either. I'm no soldier, but I wasn't nearly about to let some ratag hooligans swoop in and smear my enthusiam with their droppings! They boarded, no surprise, but they were more organized than I anticipated.

I remember running to Loraine's chambers to find her trying to fend off a pirate. Before I could react though, the hull was breached, and the door sealed just as they were both sucked into the vaccum. We were stupid to not follow protocol and put on the suits, but after I watched the void take Dr. Portier, I immediately went back for my suit.

Just in time too, as the alarms began blaring as the ship's status went critical. Luckily I made it to an escape pod, can't be sure about any of the others though. Now here I am, on an alien world, alone. Thankfully it seems my luck is holding out, as the planet is habitable, and scans showed a space station in the system. I'll looks for minable resources in the system, then set a course for the station and trade my findings for a ship.

Even with the Darwin lost, I'll be damned if I let my work be hindered. Once I have that ship, Project Darwin continues as planned.

No Man's Sky could save the gaming industry from the grey, depressing, overly-melodramatic set pieces of AAA-games.

7/07/2014 10:26 pm  #2

Re: SS Darwin Entry 343 - Prof. James Andrew Smith

Good start to the story

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." - Socrates

7/07/2014 10:29 pm  #3

Thanks!

No Man's Sky could save the gaming industry from the grey, depressing, overly-melodramatic set pieces of AAA-games.

8/06/2016 1:59 am  #4

"No Man's Sky could save the gaming industry from the grey, depressing, overly-melodramatic set pieces of AAA-games."

Nice story, and i really agree with this.

8/16/2016 11:38 pm  #5

good work.

Board footera