No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2015 9:47 pm  #1

No Man's Sky Gameplay Demo - E3 2015 Sony Press Conference

Gamespot has put up a video of Sean Murray giving a demo of the latest version of No Man's Sky at E3 2015. The game looks amazing! I noticed some changes to the radar screen in the ship and other little things as well.
Check out the video and see what you can find.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

7/12/2015 3:33 pm  #2

Re: No Man's Sky Gameplay Demo - E3 2015 Sony Press Conference

The game looks amazing, but again, what the hell do we do in this game? There is no direction, objectives? Think about it, they said there's going to be 18 quantibiilion planets that are going to look similar! Why bother exploring if were just going to take pictures of squirrels hoping around? All the planets look like small animals roaming about, are there planets with intelligent lifeforms? Are there advance civilizations where when you approach they either abduct you, kill you or warn you to stay off their turf? With the fictional periodic table, crafting and exploring looks like it's going to be a grind. This is a game of grind, no missions nor NPC's, just go grind find stuff, make stuff and then sell. But then again, why sell and make money? To upgrade your ship? just to go further and find a similar planet?

Last edited by Nomanspilot (7/12/2015 4:04 pm)

7/12/2015 3:46 pm  #3

From what Sean Murray has said in the past and recently, most planets won't have a lot of life on them. They upped the seed for the demos they have done so we would see planets with life on them and not barren worlds. Sean also said during E3 that he was using his personnel build of the game, with the upped planet seed and beacons on every planet. That way when he picked a random star to visit, he wouldn't get a barren world to not be able to show off anything cool for the attendes of E3.

There is a goal and a direction. Sean has said the main goal is to get to the center of the galaxy. Also, there will be lore that we can uncover in the game. They want to keep a lot of the gameplay secret so people can figure out stuff for themselves.

I don't know if there are intelligent lifeform or advance civilizations. I would think that there would be since there are other spaceships and space stations around. Whether we will be able to see them or interact with them, I don't know. I hope we get to.
One recent screenshot that was released for the game shows a planet that looks like it has cities on it. Check it out! It is the dark side of the planet and we can see what looks like lights in a city.
http://www.nmsfansite.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/No-Mans-Sky_2015_06-15-15_001.jpg

7/12/2015 4:01 pm  #4

Yes, where did those space stations come from? Who built them? Why are there factions? Also, there is mix information outhere saying in a youtube video that this is not an MMO, and yet in the same youtube video, the guy overhyped himself and said, I can't wait to play with my friends? Also, how does the economy work? is it a player base economy? Hopefully the accumulation of lore can pinpoint planets for advanced civilizations. 

7/12/2015 4:11 pm  #5

Did you watch the new IGN video about the economy, or do you mean you would like to know more about it?
Something that has bugged me is Sean has said you can be the first person to visit a planet. Well, if there are space stations there and trading post, doesn't that mean others have been there before me? I think what he really means is we can be the first player to visit a planet. I want to visit a planet and be the first person to ever have been there. By that, I mean that no NPC or anything intelligent has ever been there.

Yeah, I think that guy has misunderstood the MMO part. Sean has said that other people will be playing in the same galaxy as us, but we will probably never run into them since the galaxy is so huge. Plus, I don't think we could interact with another player if we did meet them. I don't know that as a fact though, just a guess. It would be cool if we meet another player if we could text chat or even voice chat with them. I think it would be cool if we could trade with them too.

I'm looking forward to exploring the planet size planets he has talked about. The fact that a million people could all start on the same planet and never run into each other for weeks or months is SO awesome to me!

7/12/2015 4:32 pm  #6

Yes I did watch the latest video, and I heard him say we can trade, but to do so we need players. And if there is millions of players playing this game and never run into each other, how is it possible for us to trade? From the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLcjvIQJns0, I think the trade is actually from the faction NPC's and "potentially" from other players. I hope we can chat with other players also. But for me the issue is LORE and I see no reason for them not to release back stories of how a player starts the game and why he's on the planet with a ship in the first place? 

7/12/2015 5:16 pm  #7

I don't think we need other players to trade. I think it's an NPC economy we are dealing with in game. It would be nice to be able to trade with players though, if we ever run into another one.

I think they want us to create our own story as to how we got on a planet with our own starship.
I have been waiting for an exploration game like this all my life and I can't wait to play it.

Board footera