No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/24/2015 2:13 pm  #1

The Otherworldly Sounds of No Man's Sky

Today we get a new IGN First video that is about No Man's Sky's procedural sound. Paul Weir is the Audio Director at Hello Games and he discusses how they make the sounds in No Man's Sky.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

7/25/2015 11:05 am  #2

Re: The Otherworldly Sounds of No Man's Sky

I love how the game already looks SO GOOD, yet they still talk about all of the things they still need to work on and improve.  I think the release product is going to be quite good, but after it releases and people are able to give them some feedback, it has the potential to be absolutely mind blowing.  They've built this emense galaxy, with tons of content.  It seems like an incredible platform to build on.  Sean said that if the game got popular he'd love to work on it for a long time.  It would be great to see them really expand and build on this already amazing game for a while!

I see so many elements that remind of me of other games.  NMS has the potential to be as good or better at those elements, but it can tie them all together in a full sized galaxy with pretty much total freedom and seemingly endless customization.  Spore, EVE Online, Halo, Minecraft... I see lots of awesome inspiration here!

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." - Socrates

7/26/2015 4:34 pm  #3

Re: The Otherworldly Sounds of No Man's Sky

I hope they eventually add the ability for us to own a large freighter type ship that we can move around the galaxy in and stop at planets. Launch our small cargo ships and go down to planets to mine. Then go back to our freighter to unload. Maybe even have multiple small craft on board. Maybe a fighter, a cargo ship or whatever.
I think the game looks awesome, heck I thought it looked great back in 2013 when they first showed it off at the VGX awards. I can see now though how much it has changed since then.

I don't mind them borrowing stuff from other games. I think it adds to a game when you use elements people are used to.
I'm hoping they borrow more elements like the ability to build a structure on a planet to use as a base or something, like in Minecraft. That would be cool!

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

Board footera