No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2015 12:14 pm  #1

Dornax Nutkraken - entry 3021. - Unknown Planet - Unknown System

Well well, I did it.

Just after prof. Zuberg made this shiny cool new ship for me, I managed to lose it. He warned me that it has some fancy drive or what, but I didn't really pay attention. I wish I did. Some shiny-shaky stuff happened, and I lost control over it. It travelled faster than anything I've seen before. I might say it travelled faster than light, though as I said, I wasn't on top of the situation.
To sum it up, I'm here on this damn planet, where everything tries to have a bite of me. I managed to hide in a cave, and shoot the mouth, so it collapsed. But I'm almost out of battery in my comms device, and only have one flare left to light with. Anyhow, I could make some discoveries before being chased by some wild reptilian creature. For example my comm's device can't pick up any signal, and doesn't know where I am. Almost as if I'm in another galaxy or something. The Andromeda doesn't have any uncovered areas. Also, I found an old ship. It looked extremely battered, but it might be able to fly. Gonna check it out tomorrow. I hope this planet's less hostile in daylight. This cave isn't the safest either. I found the remains of a humanoid, probably the owner of my last hope. He was in a really bad shape, funghi growing out of the massive wounds on his belly and neck. Hope he's not gonna wake up and eat my brain or something. Anyways, I'll try to pull this through, I've been in rougher conditions. At least the air is breathable. I hope this isn't my last entry. This place is really no man's sky...

Nutkraken out.

"One chicken is not two." - A random person in a bar

8/31/2015 2:06 pm  #2

Re: Dornax Nutkraken - entry 3021. - Unknown Planet - Unknown System

Great story! Welcome to the site.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

9/01/2015 7:54 am  #3

Thanks!

3/11/2016 11:11 am  #4

• Dornax Nutkraken - entry 3022. - Unknown Planet - Unknown System

So, after my last entry, pretty much all my electronic devices dropped dead by morning. Only thing left was my gun. I managed to light a fire with some vines and roots creeping down the ceiling of the cave, and slept reasonably well. I only woke up once, it was quite terrifying, some kind of wild beast kept roaring outside, but it was fine, it couldn't come in. I woke up entirely at dawn, there was a crack in the rocks and the sun shined in, I couldn't sleep for much longer. During the day, I managed to find drinkable water and edible fruits... or what. They didn't poison me, so it's fine. Then I went to investigate the little old ship I've seen the night before. The pilot was still inside, though he was pretty dead. I had to haul him out the ship, it was gross. The vehicle itself is in almost fine condition on the inside and systems-wise. Only the engine is busted. Hell, even the batteries are untouched! I sapped them a bit, recharged my devices, and looked to repairing. Now that is tricky. I need resources. Loads of them. I found some kind of drill module in the cabin, I tried to equip it on my gun, but as I was measuring how it should be positioned on the barrel, it snapped on, unremovably. I almost wet myself. But it's useful and didn't decrease my gun's properties, so I'm all into it. With the tool, I made my cave a bit cozier, carving out storage spaces and a small bedplace for me. I also got rid of the oozing corpse and sealed the back of the cave as well. In the following days, I started wandering around and gathering and mining all kinds of resources. Now, my Almanach didn't recognise half of the materials I picked up, but I experimented a bit and managed to figure out which was good for what. There are ones that conduct electricity, others let through water, others are really hard or on the contrary, really soft, like marshmallow. I found use for most of them while repairing the ship, though I've run out of a few, I'll need more of those before I can finish my work and get the hell out of here. I also encountered some weird, chirping robot-guards of the planet. I aimed at a creature, and this chirping little ff... bugger came out of nowhere and aimed a laser at my head. I put my gun down and it lost interest and went on its business, chirping. I don't know what that is, but I hope it won't get annnoyed by my mining. I also picked up some signal, though I have never seen anything like it before. I'll copy it, maybe someone sometime can figure it out:

---..--..,,,,8a9=6666*...@@@...---...---˝˝n˝˝!!"----2325d23r62ly878787---...---....19om980716---...---20c98y7m16d---...---%%e---...---°°`9`8˝4d5---...---3,4---...--- khAak---...---bul.........-..-,-.)()=%

That's it. Well, I couldn't get anything out of it. I'll go mining for the missing resources tomorrow, and if I'm lucky, this might be my last night here. See you at home.

Nutkraken out.

Last edited by Balage The Nutkraken (3/11/2016 11:14 am)

Board footera