No Man's Sky Fan Site Message Forum
No Man's Sky
web analytics

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/19/2016 4:31 pm  #1

"Explorer" LeenieDee14

Hi everyone!
Just added myself to the forum as since I had learned about No Man's Sky I feel like I need to soak in every article, every screencap, every video and every website and I stumbled across this one. My boyfriend and I have been discussing about a forum to document your map and that way getting some sort of tracking or map system created. My favourite elements in a game is exploring, and crafting. Never have been into the fighting aspect therefor I believe I will play the same way. Adventure/Explorer, "Photographer", making discoveries and learning languages. I am going to focus on resources and upgrading my ship and suit for harsher terrains and test my limits on getting to this "center." I have not been this excited over a game in such a long time.
I have a unreliable PC though.... and would rather not dish out the cash for a PS4. I also want to do screen caps for a photography aspect and journal making, therefor it would just be convenient to play PC. I should start looking into the requirements to make sure my computer can handle the game. I wrote down the requirements somewhere... where did that paper go? Hope I don't loose my ship as easy I do post-its or else I'm in trouble lol.

4/19/2016 8:41 pm  #2

Re: "Explorer" LeenieDee14

Glad to have you here. You need to get him to join us as well and join our Facebook page if you haven't already. About mapping stuff out, that's why I created the Stellar Cartography section of the forums. So people could map things out, in hopes that some of us can maybe one day meet up in game. If that's even possible. Sean Murray has said it would be extremely difficult to do, since the galaxy is SO huge. I hope we can prove him wrong. LOL!
I have the PS4 version pre-ordered myself. I might get the PC version later on.
The minimum requirements are:
Processor: Intel Core i3.
Memory: 8 GB RAM.
Graphics: nVidia GTX 480.
Storage: 10 GB available space.

"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai

4/20/2016 5:51 am  #3

Perfect! Thank you!

4/20/2016 9:09 am  #4

Petreak wrote:

Glad to have you here. You need to get him to join us as well and join our Facebook page if you haven't already. About mapping stuff out, that's why I created the Stellar Cartography section of the forums. So people could map things out, in hopes that some of us can maybe one day meet up in game. If that's even possible. Sean Murray has said it would be extremely difficult to do, since the galaxy is SO huge. I hope we can prove him wrong. LOL!
I have the PS4 version pre-ordered myself. I might get the PC version later on.
The minimum requirements are:
Processor: Intel Core i3.
Memory: 8 GB RAM.
Graphics: nVidia GTX 480.
Storage: 10 GB available space.

So how does that compare to a 'normal' laptop, I'm getting a new one before I go off to college, so I want to make sure I'll be able to play this game because this is the first game I've been really excited for in a long time

"I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."   -Mewtwo

4/20/2016 3:46 pm  #5

Most newer laptops should have no problem running the game. In my case though, my laptop won't run it. Everything check out fine except my video card. They put a lousy video card in this thing, so I'll be playing it on my PS4. This laptop is 5 years old too. I might buy a PC copy later to use on my Brothers Desktop. It's a new computer, so it should run fantastic on it.
If you want to see if you can run No Man's Sky on your laptop or desktop, go to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri and type into the box No Man's Sky. It will have you download and run a file to test your computer. It's safe, I've been using that site for years and never had a problem.

4/20/2016 5:07 pm  #6

Thank you, I will save this for when I get my new one!

"I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."   -Mewtwo

4/21/2016 6:35 am  #7

Petreak wrote:

If you want to see if you can run No Man's Sky on your laptop or desktop, go to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri and type into the box No Man's Sky. It will have you download and run a file to test your computer. It's safe, I've been using that site for years and never had a problem.

Thank you sooooo much!
What a useful application - able to figure out exactly what I need to run it - Thank you for sharing

4/21/2016 7:49 pm  #8

No problem! Glad to help.

Board footera